Asia                                 South East Asia            West & East Malaysia      West Malaysia         Penang, North West Malaysia


[ HOME ]  [ Malaysia Link ]  [ SingaporePR ]  [ Wills-Trust ]  [ About Us ]  [ Testimonial ]  [ Contact Us ]  [ Site Map ]  [ Website Builder

MM2H CHINESE TEXT About Malaysia Requirement & Benefits Why Malaysia MM2HFrequently Ask Questions How To Apply MM2H Application Forms MM2H Apply MM2H - Our Service Video Links MM2H Property Buying Cost Property Buyer Program PEN Penang Property PEN Penang Pictures KUL Kuala Lumpur Property JHB Johor Bahru Living BKI Kota Kinabalu Living LGK Langkawi Living Living In Malaysia Golfing Paradise Malaysia Cost of Living Malaysia Health Insurance Malaysia Govt & Foreign Investment News Release MM2H Economy Outlook & Stats Travel188 Brochure Front Travel188 Brochure Text Oversea Living Facts Our MM2H License Google Map FEEDBACK VIP Links


ACC / Okori

BKK / DDen

BAR / Casa


BRU / Pete

CAN / MLee

CCU / Avinash

CPH / PChu

DAC / MohdI


DEL / Ranjits

DXB / PPaul

FRA / WolfG

HKG / WWong

JHB /JGray

LON / K Knox

LON / EWong

ISM / Farooq

MAD / Casa

OOL / S8

PAR / AndyC

PEK / GPalace

PER / JeffC

RGN / Yandanar


SIN / SilkL

SYD / Foxy

TJN / MTan

USA / Lati

ZUH / Ruedi

My / Properties 188

Sg / Linkvest Property




Many citizens worldwide have obtain the MM2H - Malaysia My 2nd Home Visa, A Lifetime 10 Years renewal visa, many qustions on Migration to Malaysia - fine your answers here !

Any questions not listed below please email it to us

1. Fixed Deposits
1.1 Q: Can I withdraw my fixed deposit any time during my stay in Malaysia?
A: Participants are not allowed to withdraw the fixed deposit for the whole duration of the one year period, unless for emergency cases and with prior approval from  the Ministry of Tourism.
1.2 Q: Can I place the fixed deposit in a Malaysia bank located in my country?
A: No. Participants have to open a fixed deposit account in any Malaysian local bank or financial institution in Malaysia.
1.3 Q: Can the purchase of a house in Malaysia which is valued more than RM150,000.00 be considered as having fulfilled the financial criteria for this programme?
A: No. Participants are required to fulfill the fixed deposit requirement or monthly off-shore income for age 50 years and above as the purchase of a house is not compulsory for participants under this programme.
1.4 Q: Am I allowed to withdraw my fixed deposit for a few months and then topped it back later?
A: No. Participants are not allowed to do this, unless for an emergency purpose but with prior approval from the Ministry of Tourism.
1.5 Q: When can I withdraw my fixed deposit?
A: After a period of one year, the participant may withdraw his/her fixed deposit for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes OR when he/she decides to terminate his/her stay in Malaysia by first informing the Ministry of Tourism of his/her intention at Malaysia My Second Home Centre. Participants can apply to withdraw part of their fixed deposit  for emergency cases such as medical purposes, etc. with prior approval of the Ministry of Tourism.
2. Investment
2.1 Q: Can I open a restaurant, book shop or clinic in Malaysia under this programme?
A: Yes you can do business in Malaysia
For more information on investing in Malaysia, please contact:

Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (MIDA)
  Level 4, Plaza Sentral
  Jalan Stesen Sentral 5
  Kuala Lumpur Sentral
  50470 Kuala Lumpur
  Tel: 603 - 2267 3633
  Fax: 603 -2274 7970
3. Employment
3.1 Q: I am a qualified doctor in US. How can I get to work in a Malaysia hospital or a  private hospital?
A: Under Malaysia My Second Home Programme if you are above 50 years old you can work part time not more then 20 days in a month. Check with us for full info.
4. Education
4.1 Q: Do kindergarten level child need a Student Visa to attend kindergarten here?
A: Children below the school going age (that is 7 years old) are not required to apply for a Student Visa. They need only apply for a Social Visit Visa.
4.2 Q: If my children are already married and want to study in Malaysia with their husband, do they need to pay the fixed deposit?
A: Not necessary. They can apply for a Student Visa once they have obtained places of  study in Malaysia.
5. House Purchase
5.1 Q:  Are the participants entitled to any special entitlements?
A:  All participants are allowed to purchase residential properties of value more than RM500, 000.00 each.
5.2 Q:  Can I purchase a house for residential purpose and a shop lot to be rented out?
A:  No, you are only allowed to purchase residential properties.
5.3 Q:  Do I have to pay the yearly assessment and quit rent for my houses like the local?
A:  Yes.
5.4 Q:  In the event of unforeseen death is the participant able to hand over his Malaysian assets to any of his beneficiaries smoothly. Does the Government have any restriction on this matter?
A:  Yes, provided he/she has a Will which indicated clearly to whom the properties are  to be given. If not the next of kin of the participant will have to apply to the Government to have his properties released to them as the rightful heirs.
5.5 Q:  Must foreigners buy new Malaysia property only, such as from developers, or can  they purchase any property, such as from individual owners (second hand or third  hand property)?
A:  Participants can purchase any type of housing properties provided that it has been issued with CF (Certificate of Fitness).
5.6 Q:  Is the RM500, 000.00 foreign property ownership regulation applies to landed property only?
A:  No. It also applies to other properties with strata titles such as condominiums, apartments and service apartments.
5.7 Q:  If I buy a piece of land costing RM300,000.00 and to build a house costing RM300,000.00, which is less than RM500,000.00 regulation, am I breaking the regulation?
A:  No, since the total cost of the whole house purchase is RM600,000.00 which is more  than the RM500, 000.00 and above requirements.
5.8 Q:  Do I need to obtain prior approval from Foreign Investment Committee (FIC) for the  purchase and sale of my house?
A:  Participants under this programme are not required to obtain prior approval for the purchase and sale of houses from FIC. However, they must write to the Ministry of Tourism giving details of the house (location as well as price) so that a  letter can be issued to them certifying that they are eligible to purchase the  said property this programme. In addition, they are required to send a copy of the approval letter obtained from the respective State Authority which has authorized the purchase or sale of the property concerned to FIC for information.
5.9 Q:  Am I subjected to the property gain tax if I make a profit from selling my house?
A:  Yes - 5% Capital Gain Tax Effective Jan 2010. IF SOLD AFTER 5 YEARS - NO TAXES.
6. Car Purchase
6.1 Q:  Is a participant who buys a second-hand local car eligible for tax exemptions? 
A:  Second hand cars are transacted on a willing buyer, willing seller basis and the government do not levy any sales tax and excise duty on such transactions. As such  tax exemptions do not arise. However, second hand cars which are imported are  subject to sales tax and import duty at the point of entry.
6.2 Q:  If I had a car accident and as a result I need to change the car, do I have to pay  back the tax exemptions? 
A:  Given the following situations:
i. If the car is repaired and sold it will be subject to the applicable tax/duty  according to the prevailing rates.
ii. If car is written off, taxes will be waived.
iii. If the participant wishes to buy another car, their application will be  processed on the merit of each case. Under normal circumstances a participant of  this program is allowed tax exemption for a car on a one time basis.
6.3 Q:  When can I sell the car, which has been given all the tax exemptions?
A:  Cars that have been exempted from taxes and duties under this program can be sold  or its ownership transferred provided the prevailing taxes and duties on the car have been paid prior to the transaction. However, for imported cars the condition stipulated in the AP should be complied before any sale or transfer can be permitted.
7.Income Tax
7.1 Q:  What kind of taxes are the participants of this programme normally subjected to?
A:  Income tax is imposed on income earned from investments in local companies and  local share market. Apart from this, gains from the sale of landed property are also subjected to real property gains tax. Please refer to for more details on the tax structure.
7.2 Q:  Is the interest for their fix deposit taxable? Some say it is taxable, other it is not taxable. If the deposit amount exceeds RM100, 000.00 OR if the deposit period is one year. What is the exact regulation?
A:  Interest earned by an individual from fixed deposit account is exempted in the  following situations:-
1. Period exceeding twelve months or more - any amount of interest.
2. Period not exceeding twelve months - interest on fixed deposit account of up to a maximum of RM100,000.00.
7.3 Q:  Is income remitted from abroad taxable? 
A:  Before year of assessment 2004 income remitted from abroad to Malaysia (apart from  pension) is subject to tax. However, from year of assessment 2004 all income  remitted from abroad is not subject to tax.
7.4 Q:  Does the participant have to submit any personal tax declaration to the Income Tax  Department of Malaysia, like Malaysians have to?
A:  Yes.
7.5 Q: If the participants have to submit income tax return to the Income Tax department,  are they entitled to any exemptions under the programme?
A:  They will only be taxed on the income earned in Malaysia after taking into account  the personal tax allowances. The income will be taxed according to a progressive  tax rate structure.
7.6 Q: I am a German in which my country has a `double taxation agreementí with Malaysia.  I have an early pension and if I stay in Malaysia for at least 184 days, my pension scheme will not be taxed by the German Government and will also not be taxed by the Malaysia government. Is this true?
A:  Under this Programme, pension remitted to Malaysia is exempted from tax.